Clamp-on Extended Temperature (C-ET) Range Flow Meter System
The C-ET flow meter system is a solid waveguide, ultrasonic clamp-on flow meter system used for measuring liquid flow in extreme low or high process temperature applications.
Traditional clamp-on flow meters are subject to failure under extended temperatures because the piezoelectric elements become damaged and lose their acoustic properties. The C-ET flow meter system is the second generation to our OKS flow meter system, which overcame this problem by isolating the piezo element of the flow meter at the end of a long buffer rod, keeping the transducer at approximately ambient temperature.
The C-ET flow meter system is made up of a C-RS transducer (in 0.5 or 1.0 MHz frequencies), a waveguide that isolates the flow meter from the extreme process conditions, a C-RS holder that mounts the flow meter to the wave guide and transfers heat away from the flow meter, a stainless steel clamping fixture, and solid couplant that does not require periodic maintenance.
C-ET Flow Meter Features
- Measurements at extremely high process temperatures (400°C/752°F) and at extremely low process temperatures (-200°C/-328°F)
- Clamp-on installation does not require process shutdown
- No penetration into the pipe and no risk of leaks
- No restrictions to cause clogging and no pressure drop
- No drifting and no periodic calibration
- Little to no maintenance
- Low flow measurement, down to 0.03 m/s (0.1 ft/sec)
C-ET transducer systems are used with clamp-on ultrasonic flow meter installations for:
- Refinery applications, including coker, crude distillation, vacuum distillation, crackers, hydrotreaters, visbreakers
- Powerplant applications, including boiler feed
- Cryogenic applications
Operation and Performance
||80 to 600 mm (3 to 24 in) NB and larger
|Pipe Wall Thickness
||Up to 80 mm (3 in)
||Carbon and stainless steel. Consult GE for other materials.
|Flow Accuracy (Velocity)
Pipe ID >150 mm (6 in): ±1% to 2% of reading
Pipe ID <6 in 150 mm (6 in): ±2% to 5% of reading
Accuracy depends on pipe size and whether measurement is one-path or two-path. Accuracy to ±0.5% of reading may be achievable with process calibration.
Specifications assume a fully developed flow profile (typically 10 diameters upstream and 5 diameters downstream of straight pipe run) and flow velocity greater than 0.3 m/s (1 ft/s).
Process: –200°C to 400°C (–328°F to 752°F)
Ambient: -40°C to 75°C (-40°F to 167°F)
- Fixture: stainless steel
- Waveguide: stainless steel
- Transducer: stainless steel and plastic
- Transducer holder: coated aluminum
|Certifications (Integral C-RS Transducer)
- CSA certified (Class 1, Div. 1, Groups B, C and D)
- ATEX certified (ll 2 GD Eex md llC T6 T=80°C
|C-ET Installation Guide
|C-ET Transducer System Datasheet